Sunday, September 7, 2008

The First Day

So you are probably wondering if the school opened right? Or maybe the thought hasn't even crossed your mind. Well..we did open just in time. There are still a lot of things to do, but they are things that can be worked on while the kids aren't there or some of it can be done while they are in school. We do lack one big thing...the playground. No we do not have a playground yet, but there's lots of room to run and play. The playground will be installed September 27th. That's not too long to wait. Here is A#1 above posing for the camera. It's her first day of first grade. I can't believe I have a first grader.
And after some coaxing, I finally did get A#2 to be in the picture. Notice they are wearing the same thing. I did this on purpose cause these 2 dresses were the only dresses clean at the time being that I had not had time to do their laundry. The only way A#2 would wear the dress is if she could wear a bow in her hair. She informed me that morning she was not walking out the door looking just like her sister. Thanks to my husband, he came up with the bow idea and she was fine with the dress. She said at least there would be some difference.I didn't tell her that I was asked at school by one lady if they were twins. I get asked that all the time when they dress alike. A#2 looks thrilled in this picture. Doesn't she? She did not want to have her picture made and certainly not by herself.
Here is A#1 trying to get A#2 to smile for the camera.
And here is A#1's first grade teacher. Ashlyn already loves her. The last day of the week she gave Mrs. Gale a hug. I think it will be a good year. :)
And here is A#2 with her teachers...Mrs. Ford and Mrs. Ruby. A#1 had Mrs. Ford last year and Mrs. Ruby's oldest daughter was in A#1's class for a little while last year. They are going to be an awesome team! I'm looking forward to a great year. We are off to a good start so far.

2 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

FYI -- If I had a daughter, she would never leave the house without a bow in her hair!!!

Mandy said...

i WISH i had a little girl to put bows in her hair!!! carson just wont let me for some reason :)