Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Diary of A Soccer Mom

A#2 decided she wanted to play soccer so I signed her up. This was the first day of practice and this is how we started our evening above. She is crying because she doesn't like how the shin guards feel on her legs. A#2's body is very sensitive. I don't know why. For example, she wouldn't wear sandals this summer that went between her toes and some shirts she won't wear because they "itch" her. And maybe really they do. So my pediatrician's advice was to get some lotion and put it on before she puts something that might bother her on her body and feet. So far it has worked until today. So what I finally ended up doing was loosening her shin guards and that made it better. Thank goodness cause Steven had class tonight and I was on my own tonight. Although I know he wanted to go so bad. Steven and his sister Tiffani played soccer for their high school and when they first started the soccer program at their school, Steven scored the first goal for the boys soccer team and Tiffani scored the first goal for the girls team. So maybe it's in the genes.
We got to practice and A#2 adjusted very well. The coach was very good and she even hit the ball in the goal twice. Good for her! What a pro! Doesn't she look like a natural?

This is my favorite shot. She is really enjoying herself and when we got in the car she was so proud of herself! Her first comment was, "Did you see me mom...Did you see me get the 2 balls in the goal?" I am so glad she is enjoying it. So I guess it's official. I am joining all you other soccer moms out there. I'll be standing on the sidelines cheering her on. And when they mention the "soccer mom" vote in this coming election I guess now I really will fall in that category. I'm so excited that she has found something she enjoys. I'll try to post pictures of A#2 at gymnastics next time so you can see her in action.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Love it!!! McKenna is playing too and is having a great time!!

ThatsBaloney said...

Dude - have I been forgetting to comment? Sorry. :)
Call me about A#2. I have some ideas...
Cute soccer pics. How does she balance that gigantic bow on her head?