Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Back To The Grind

"Back to the grind!" as my mother used to say when we would start a new school year. That's exactly what we've been doing. This is why I haven't posted in a while. We are getting used to transitioning from kindergarten to first grade for A#1. I do remember first grade being hard, but not this hard. I think A#1 will be just fine once she gets the hang of it. We go to school only 3 days a week. The other 2 days I "teach" her.... which has been quite a challenge. The teacher gives me the work I'm supposed to work with her on the days we are off. Today we worked really hard off and on. I had to give her breaks because sitting there continuously is hard not only for her, but for me as well. We will survive though. And she is doing great! So I'm really proud of her.
And again this year I was told how different my two girls are. A#2's teacher was amazed. I was told she raised her hand answering questions the first week of school and even spelled apple for a friend in her class. A#2 is also very social so she had to be separated into another group. Oh boy! Here we go. Trouble. Ha! Just kidding. She's a pretty good kid..just might be a little talker this year.
Anyway, all in all it was a good first few weeks! I'll keep you posted on how it's going.

1 comment:

ThatsBaloney said...

I love A#2's spunkiness! Have fun with those spelling words. :)