Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Panic Time

So here's our verse. The verse I found that day while having my quiet time and finding the church to take our school in. It's Hebrews 11: 39-40. I love this verse. We wrote different verses on each door frame of each classroom to remind us this is all worth it. We were feeling a little down and discouraged so we thought doing this would cheer us up and it did. You see at about 3pm we found out the painters that were going to paint all the rooms in the modular building did not want to use our paint, but they would paint if we used Sherwin Williams paint. However, we had already purchased $500 worth of Behr paint. Now I'm not a professional painter, but I know I've used Behr paint in my house and it looked great! What were we going to do? We had so many other things to get done and so little time. So we talked and talked about what to do and decided at 4pm we would paint it ourselves using our paint. I jumped on the phone and called everyone I knew...teachers and parents. And people started showing up around 6pm I think. There were at least 20 people there helping. They got most of it done at dusk. I couldn't believe it! God answered our prayer. Another sign that what we are doing is all worth it! What a blessing!
Here is A#1's room. Purple and red. Love purple and read. A#2 might be trying to spend a lot of time in this room cause purple is her favorite color.
Here is A#2's room. Blue and yellow. So bright and cheery!
Here is one of our parents working hard trying to get A#2's room ready before the sun goes down.
Here are two of A#1's classmates. They are twins! Hope you love the new room girls!
Tomorrow is Meet The Teacher. Although parents of the 3 year olds-3rd grade will not be able to really see the rooms set up, they will get to see the rooms painted and visit with their teacher. So tomorrow is the big day before the big day next week. We officially have a week till school starts from today. Keep praying!

No comments: