Saturday, August 23, 2008

Crunch Time!!!

It's a week and a half before school starts. The portable building behind the existing building is still not finished. Yes, you heard me correctly. It's not done yet. It rained here for 3 days off and on this week and that really put the workers behind. We had our big work day on Saturday, but this is what we started with on Friday. We still had to do some work in the existing building....cleaning, getting rid of things, etc., etc. Cindy and I were assigned to the kitchen. We think we were assigned this area just so we would be out of everyone else's way. Ha! So here is one of our interesting finds in the kitchen. See above. I really thought these were potties to potty chairs. I mean after all the toddlers go to this building during the service and it only made sense. No, they were mixing bowls. To me, they will always look like potties. So we are keeping the bowls. They just needed a little cleaning.
So like I said we found lots of interesting things. Some of these cabinets have not been opened for a long time. We were told the place used to have mice, but the mice were gone. Great! Don't won't to run into any of those! So yeah...no mice. However, we did discover mice poop. So...I got my mini vac and cleaned up the poop and then Cindy and I wiped down the cabinets with Lysol wipes.
Here is Cindy above working on the cabinets....scrubbing. Notice I only have back shots of Cindy. She knows I'll put pics on my blog of her so she won't let me take her picture from the front. I'll get her in here some day so you can see her smiling face. :) Cindy is awesome. I think she could have gone all night last night. We did actually go home and sleep Friday night. It was midnight when we got home.
So all in all it was a productive Friday. It was an evening for mice poop and one of kind finds! Stay tuned for more!

No comments: