Friday, August 8, 2008

We Are Getting There...

I know it's been a while since I've posted, but it's been a busy, busy week with the school as you can see from these pictures. We started Sunday painting. Then Monday we continued with lots of help from parents on our PAC (Parent Advisory Committee). It was a crazy Monday as all of our children were finding ways to keep themselves "entertained" as you can imagine, but it had to be done and so kids had to come a long. It didn't bother me. I'm used to the chaos! Thanks everyone who came out and helped. It helped speed things along with the painting. Above you see our green and purple room. This will be the older 2's room. There will be a garden added to these walls. It is bright, but that's ok cause little ones need bright colors right?
Here is the younger 2's room. This will be the "Bee rejoiceful" room. There's a verse we are going to have painted on the walls in this room of course with bees and bugs painted on the wall. So cute!!! Can't wait to show you those pics after the verses and cute bug and flower additions are painted. Stacy, who is on staff at the school, is going to paint those. Yeah Stacy!
Like this? This is the yellow hallway. I'm not sure how many coats we ended up painting in this hallway. Quite a few I think. We actually decided to add orange around the far door at the end of this hallway to make it stand out. Like I said little ones need bright colors for stimulation. These rooms will definitely do the trick!
This room is the 1 year old room. Scott, the man you see in the back working, took out a wall. It used to be 2 tiny, tiny rooms so we decided to open it up to give those one year olds more room. There is a Jonah theme on one half of this room. Not sure what we are going to do with Jonah, but tomorrow we are meeting to decide how we are going to paint this room. The animals will stay. I think we should make it into a Noah's Ark theme, but who knows what we will decide.

So it was a week of painting, cleaning, discussing where to put the ramps and stairs on the portable, measuring for shelves, discussing themes for each room in the existing building, deciding where to get cabinets, etc. The list goes on. There should be sheet rock by next week in the portables. We are looking at 3 weeks to have all of this done! I know lots of you are ready for your kids to go back to school. I'm not. I want more time. Although, I know it will get done. It's just the stress and anxiety of it all. Ahhh!

1 comment:

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Hooray! I am so glad to read that the one year olds will have a bigger room!

Thanks for the updates, Kim!