Saturday, August 23, 2008

More Progress

So here's one of the rooms ready for texturing....the walls I mean. The walls have to be textured before they put a base coat on and then the colored paint can be put on. Here is Tasha and Cindy in one of the classrooms.
This was our big work day. We had 30 people show up! I was so excited and so thankful! It was so awesome to see all these guys working and in close to 100 degree heat and it was humid too. They are building a ramp and steps so we can get up into the portable...or sorry Loni ...modular building. I was reminded it is actually a modular building. And she is right...a portable sounds small. This has 6 classrooms in it that are pretty big. The modular building beside this big one will house the pastor's office and his admin's office. Plus it will have a room for Spanish.
And here is Wendy. She may kill me for putting this picture up. I like it though. She is putting up lovely shower curtains to divide the potties in the existing building that will house the one year olds and two's. So no real stalls in this bathroom. There is another bathroom that has actual doors. I think you look cute Wendy!
And here is the church's shed they let us share today. Our shed showed up, but the driver did not leave the shed. He tried to call one of us on our home numbers, but just left a message and then took off. They told us he would leave it, even if one of us wasn't there. We were supposed to have it by Saturday morning so we could store some things in there since the modular building was not ready yet. Our plan today was supposed to include moving all our stuff into the building. I'm praying the shed will show up on Monday. Please!!
And finally here is our playground. We even rented our own Bobcat. It moves dirt. A father of one of the teachers came and did this most of the day. He worked so hard! I know he had to be exhausted along with Mr. Ricky who lead the ramp and stairs project. Kudos to both of these guys! We couldn't make this possible without you!
So...now we are waiting for the work crew to finish texturing the walls and painting them. Then they will lay the carpet and finally the potties and sinks will be put into place. This will all happen next week.
Needless to say I'm running on adrenaline right now. I am very tired, but I am also excited about what God is doing at our school. Tomorrow it's back to work after church.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

No way!! I can't believe you put that picture up. Next time you could give me some warning so I can at least smile!!!

ThatsBaloney said...

Looks like you've been a little busy...