Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas Cheer!

Where does the time go? Yes..I'm just NOW blogging about Christmas, but what can I say, it was a whirlwind!

We did a lot for the holidays including traveling to St. Louis to see Steven's family for a week. I love going up there! Our festivities always start out though by going to my grandmothers (my dad's mom's house) for Christmas Eve. We call her Granny...and boy does she spoil these girls just like she used to spoil me. :) And by the way, just as a side note...I was the only grandchild on one side of the family (that would be my mom's side) and there was lots of spoiling going on. Please hold your comments until I am done. Ha!
My friend Liz and I took our kids and Tammy's to see Polar Express in our pj's at the Omni. It was great besides the 4 year old little girl kicking Abby's chair every 5 seconds! Uhh! Abby didn't say anything about it till the show was almost over so she had to deal with that the whole time. Other than that it was neat to see it on the IMAX screen.
Even Ben got Christmas presents this year. Yes...I'm a bad mom on the dog front when the holidays come around. Most of the time I forget to get the dog something for Christmas, but not this year. Yay for me! He got a flat looking stuffed raccoon and a soft bone which will probably not last through the end of the year because he will probably put a hole in it.
Here is one of the girls cousins in St. Louis with Abby. Her name is Taylor and she LOVES the girls. I think my nieces are precious. And I'm not kidding. I'll have to post some pics later of them.
Whew! Ok..I'm tired just from posting about Christmas! Glad to be back in a routine, but miss the holidays!
January has also been a whirlwind, but I'll have to share that later....Stay tuned!

No comments: