This is what Indy looked like when he as a puppy. In this photo the breeder's kids called him orange because of the orange collar. This is how they told all the puppies apart until the owner named him. I miss him so much! Indy died too young, but God called him home. Yes, I believe dogs go to heaven. It's been so hard to get up in the morning and not have him come over to the bed and tell me good morning. It's so hard to go outside to water the plants only to see his old tennis ball sitting on the patio. It's so hard to even eat dinner at the table and not have him there sitting pretty hoping to get some food or that the girls would drop something on the floor. I know in time my heart will heal. And some day we'll get another Belgian Tervuren and we will develop a special relationship with him, but I will always treasure Indy in my heart. He was a remarkable dog. So if you have a dog, I encourage you to spend all the time you can with him or her. Hug them more, take lots of walks, throw the ball a little longer and tresure each momment you have with them.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Saying Goodbye
This is what Indy looked like when he as a puppy. In this photo the breeder's kids called him orange because of the orange collar. This is how they told all the puppies apart until the owner named him. I miss him so much! Indy died too young, but God called him home. Yes, I believe dogs go to heaven. It's been so hard to get up in the morning and not have him come over to the bed and tell me good morning. It's so hard to go outside to water the plants only to see his old tennis ball sitting on the patio. It's so hard to even eat dinner at the table and not have him there sitting pretty hoping to get some food or that the girls would drop something on the floor. I know in time my heart will heal. And some day we'll get another Belgian Tervuren and we will develop a special relationship with him, but I will always treasure Indy in my heart. He was a remarkable dog. So if you have a dog, I encourage you to spend all the time you can with him or her. Hug them more, take lots of walks, throw the ball a little longer and tresure each momment you have with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Indy was a sweet pup. I'm so sorry for your loss.
I know how painful this is. I have a dog child that I love dearly, and have lost a dear pet before. The best advice I can give is find another dog to love soon. You will never have another Indy, but you will find one just as dear. I'm sending up a prayer for you and your family.
Post a Comment