So this past Sunday was baptism at Hillside. Since we don't actually have a baptismal, we have to put up a pool and your dunked in there....outside. Each person gets to share their testimony before they are dunked. These first top two pictures were actually taken May 18,2008 when A#1 was baptized. That's Pastor Pete above. He is our senior pastor. He is an incredible teacher and pastor. He is the father of 4 boys! Yes, you heard me 4 boys. Sometimes I wonder how they manage, but they do and I think the youngest now is 8 or 9 so things are probably easier now than they used to be. I like Pete because he is real. What you see is what you get. I wish I had gotten a better picture of A#1 being baptized, but this guy's head got in the way. Steven actually got to baptize her. He got pretty choked up, but I thought it was so neat that her father got to do the honors. :) So now 2 of her friends were baptized this past Sunday. And again, baptism was awesome! It is such a neat experience. This is one of her friends above with is dad and Pastor Jason. Here he is going into the water. Brrrr! It was a little chilly.
And so when everyone is finished being baptized Pastor Pete likes to say there is a party going on in heaven. That's why you see everyone above releasing their balloon. I love that there is a party going on and people in heaven are celebrating when you come to Christ. What an amazing day it was!
No comments:
Post a Comment