Tuesday, April 3, 2012

We're Not In Texas Anymore



So it's spring time in Texas...Ahhh...flowers bud, trees have new leaves, the weather is warming up and then come the storms. For all you locals, this video was taken today on Hwy. 287 and Sublett Rd. and for you non-locals..this is on the way to Mansfield near Arlington. Today was crazy to say the least, but we were fortunate not to get hit. Yes...Keller was spared, but a lot of others were not. So sad. I went and got the girls early from their teacher and we made it home just in time before the rain hit. We were very fortunate, but others were not. Praying for those who were hit. I knew it must be really bad when David Finfrock was at the news station in the middle of the day. I found out there were 12 tornadoes!



The only time I remember being close to a tornado was in 2000 when I was working at the Bombay Headquarters in Fort Worth. I decided to leave work early March 28, 2000 cause the weather was going to get bad, but I didn't know how bad it was going to get until I came home and saw the video above. Plus I had just been through softball size hail on the way home. We had just moved into our house. Great, I thought! We just moved in this brand new house and it's going to be hit by a tornado.

We were spared in 2000 and yet spared again in 2012. Twelve years later and twelve tornadoes today. I think we are in Texas anymore.




No comments: