It started with my grandfather being sick and in and of the hospital and assisted living facility. He got moved around so much, he didn't know where he was when he woke up everyday. Although after he had been awake for a little bit, he would realize it and his mind was all there. I felt so sorry for him, but I tried to keep his spirits up by visiting him once a week wherever he was located at the time to try and cheer him up. I would try to take the girls with me cause I knew that really made him happy. He passed away at the beginning of March. He seemed to be doing better....and then he just like that....he was gone. He had had congestive heart failure for a while and I guess it took his life. He was the most patient most mellow man I'd ever met. I don't think I ever heard him raise his voice. This is one of my favorite pics above with his new hat on from Christmas. When I was little, I remember him taking me to the store and he told me to pick out a toy. When we returned from our shopping trip, I had a G.I. Joe figure in my hand. I'm not sure why I picked that out cause I was far from being a tomboy.
I know it's never a good time for anyone to die and I know some day I will face the same fate, but I also know my grandfather is up in heaven maybe actually getting to play golf again like he used to or smoking his pipe. I loved him so much!
Then right before my grandfather passed away, Steven lost his job of 12 years at Microsoft. Yes...I said 12 years. With the economy being the way it is they are making cutbacks like everyone else. I was shocked, Steven was shocked. No warning, nothing. No severance and health benefits were cut off the day he was let go. And let me tell you...they covered EVERYTHING...I mean everything. I did not pay a cent to see a doctor or meds. They covered my physical therapy and I did more than 5 months worth.
This brings a new set of worries of course. I know this is in God's plan. He has a better one. I just keep asking Him to help me with patience and I keep hearing..... it's going to be ok. There are times when I panic, but I know He will see us through all of this. God is bigger than this.
Sooo this his how it's been in the Tipton household and some of you reading this have helped us out so much especially our church, school and friends. I am so humbled when I think about how giving and generous people have been. So to all of you who are praying for us, loving on us and supporting us! Thanks you!
5 comments:
When my Dad died it was the same way. He was in rehab and getting better, and then one night he just passed in his sleep. He would have been 84 on St. Patty's Day.
One of these days we will all get to hang with God there in Heaven, and maybe then we will get to see the "big picture" and find out WHY all of the things that happen in our lives happen! At least that's MY plan!
Prayers and blessings to you and your family!
I'm sorry about your grandpa and the job. Seems like life never deals one blow at a time, they come at you all at once!
I'm still keeping you in my prayers. I'll call you this week.
Kim,
You and your family are in my daily prayers. Let me know if you need anything. By the way, does your hubby have any programming experience? If so, let me know...I may have a lead at a marketing company I used to work for 'in my spare time.'
Hey, you've been tagged on my blog with an award! Go to my blog to check it out and add it to your blog.
www.swizzdailydiatribe.blogspot.com
Enjoy! ;o)
Hey Kim, I know things are tough. And it always is hard to know what to say to the people who are going through the hard times. But I know your faith will pull you through. And you are right that what may seem like negative changes could open up new opportunities that you never before saw!
Lots of love, Stephanie
Post a Comment