Well yesterday it was back to work on the new school. This is the project Alonia and I worked on. Everyone had a different project to do. It worked out really well. We got a ton done in the smaller existing building. This building will house the 1's and 2's and Christy's office. And I think they may do some other things to in the main room of this building. As you can see the walls are a kind of avacado green color. I liked it. Others weren't so sure, but Christy was fine with it. Alonia found the paint at Lowes for free. It started out only being $5 but it had a $5 rebate. Way to go Alonia! Here is the lovely wall paper we started taking off in one of the rooms. We discovered 2 layers. Aren't they lovely. I especially like the pink floral one. Is it me or does that scream 1980's.Ha! Anyway, Kelly and I tackled this project. These walls will be textured and painted I think. See here is Kelly at work vaccuming. She looks really into her work doesn't she. She was the only one who would let me take her picture. Yeah Kellly! Everyone else wouldn't let me. I think everyone has figured out now when I bring my camera to watch out now that I'm blogging. However, I will say Kelly looked better than the rest of us since she showed up later. Kelly and I also got to take down posters and such off the walls in 3 rooms because the painter was coming the following morning to paint those 3 rooms. I'm so glad Kelly came to help! She helped me with the stuff we did the latter part of the day. I couldn't have done it without her. We also had others show up that are not on the board...Alexis, Holly and Todd also showed. And boy what a help they were! Todd came even though he didn't feel good and did some handyman work. Here is the bigger building I showed you moved behind the small existing childrens building. The workers were there all day working when we were there. I'm sure they were toasty in that building. I even saw the owner of the company out there working with everyone else. This guy has been awesome!
And here is the smaller building. It finally arrived. These are the 2 pieces that make up the one smaller portable building. Anyway, that's about it. I hope you enjoyed getting the update. I'll have more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment